Saturday, September 18, 2010

Une soirée sur la Seine... et des promenades sur ses rives

So one of the perks of being in an American program in Paris is you get signed up for things you wouldn't normally do. In this case, it was dinner on a Bateau-mouche on the Seine. Wednesday evening, nearly all the students in the IES program met at Saint Michel to board the boat. Comfortable leather chairs provided views out the fishbowl walls. We were served salmon, rice, and bread, but no wine (?!?!). Um this is Paris, folks! Anyway, it got dark while we were eating our meal and drinking our non-alcoholic beverages, so when the boat approached the Eiffel Tower, some of us went on the roof of the boat to fully appreciate the monument sparkling and magnificent. Sometimes, the touristy thing is just the thing to do.

Also, I've really been enjoying strolling around with my camera. Everywhere I look, I see an ideal subject. On the banks of the Seine in particular there is an endless supply of interesting people. I've uploaded what I have so far on photobucket, so here's the link: http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af228/themc123/Ville%20Lumiere/

More soon, so don't forget me :)

Bisous

4 comments:

  1. So many good one, and I have so many questions and comments. I love people watching with you, and shots of locks, lovers, leaves, livres, gelato... Glad you can already look at tourists with a weary forgiving eye.

    Your roommate has an intriguing look; did she wear those amazing shoes all the way to the Seine? I'm also glad those are her Marlboros, young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: if you decide to reinvent yourself while in Paris, don't please reinvent too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Mary Belle,

    It's nice to see places I recognize. The photos make your experience all the more real for us. Enjoy!

    Love,

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Marie Claire. It's me again, your papa, trying to get on Google accounts so I can post comments from my own computer. So this was just kind of a test.

    Love,

    Papa

    ReplyDelete